Why apply through Creative Access?
This is the place to start if you want to build a long-lasting career in the creative industry.
We’ll help you get your foot in the door and we’ll support you throughout your career because we believe the creative industry will be better with more people like you in it. We only work with people from under-represented backgrounds because our mission is to make sure the creative industry reflects our society. We work hard with hundreds of employer partners to make sure they are offering you the best opportunities to join their organisations.
When you apply for a role, we’ll help you with the process and then if you’re successful, you’ll join our large Creative Access Community and have access to training as part of the ENTRY LEVEL SUPPORT PROGRAMME. You’ll be invited to some incredible events and begin building your own personal network of peers.
If you want more of an insight into what it is like to be a Creative Access trainee, take a look at this short video here.
Please note – we use the term ‘intern’ and ‘trainee’ interchangeably.
Other benefits of securing a role via Creative Access include:
- First, we’ll support with your application advising you all the way
- If successful, you automatically join our Creative Access Community. You’ll get free access to learning and development opportunities and a chance to build your network and meet others like you from across the creative industries
- Your employers will be investing your career so there are a number of events you are required to attend. First of all there is an Induction day to make sure you start your role on the right foot and regular Creative Access Masterclasses which are run by phenomenal leaders and partners from the industry
- You’ll get a Creative Access buddy to help you as you navigate the workplace
- As your career grows, we offer emerging leader training to make sure you are supported all the way into a leadership role
- You’ll also get access to other peer networks and invitations to exclusive theatre shows and other events
At a glance
“I am very grateful to have met you at the Creative Access event and receive great interview tips for my Hachette interview...Thank you very much for the advice that you gave because it certainly boosted my confidence and motivated me. This opportunity would not have been possible for me without the genuine support from you and your team.”
Natalie Ohene-GyatengRights intern, Hachette
“The masterclasses were brilliant because they were varied and taught me a lot about different roles within the creative industries. They were very inspiring...Creative Access is more than an internship scheme, it's a supportive network of like-minded people that encourage you to pursue your career.”
Jessica NazairePR intern, Stand Agency
“A while ago I was feeling like I’d hit a dead end and couldn’t see any way into serious work in publishing, especially given what I thought about my background. Now I can hardly believe the books I’ve had the fortune of working on, or the people I’ve had the opportunity to speak to. Thank you so much for making it possible for all of us Creative Access interns here at Hachette.”
Ian WongEditorial intern, Orion Publishing
“The team at Creative Access definitely go out of their way to make sure that they are there for you every step of the way from telephone calls and feedback conversations, to guidance and CV tips. Their help and support is, without a doubt, invaluable.”
Aliyana HirjiEditorial intern, Bloomsbury
“The recruitment team were ever so helpful from the initial screening. I was given suggestions on how to improve my CV so it was better suited for the role I was applying for. Not to forget the interview tips, which were well designed to so you knew what to expect during the interview. I really appreciate the support from the team from the beginning and also throughout my placement.”