$10,000 Photojournalism Scholarship
Are you a budding photojournalist? Still at university or college? From a BAME background? If it’s yes to all three, then apply now for this life-changing scholarship for the next academic year…
Getty Images and Creative Access are pleased to announce a new collaboration to award a USD$10,000 scholarship to a university student-focused on photojournalism. The scholarship funds can be used for tuition, camera equipment or other education costs during the 2020-2021 school year.
These Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships are being offered globally, with a specific grant of USD$10,000 for the UK (equivalent of approximately £8,000, but this will vary according to currency conversion rates at the time).
Ken Mainardis, Senior Vice President of Content, Getty Images said: “The Inclusion Scholarships are a continuation of our commitment to foster greater representation and inclusion within the photographic and photojournalism industries. Since Getty Images was founded 25 years ago, our mission has been to move the world with visuals and accurately represent the society we live in, inclusive of all voices and perspectives.”
Applicants need to submit a biography, essay and examples of their work, which will be reviewed by a panel made up of members from Getty Images and Creative Access.
Candidates will be judged on the strength of their photographic portfolios, academic performance and a demonstrated commitment to the field of visual journalism. Please review the following application requirements and the complete detail terms and conditions within the application form.
What scholarship applicants need to submit:
- Resume/CV: A One-page CV listing your educational background, work history, awards, journalism-related internships and other relevant experience
- Letters of recommendation: Two references from people who are familiar with your academic and/or journalism work (eg professors, employers, faculty advisers, etc). Letters from relatives will not be accepted
- Proof of exam grades: Copies of your A-level certificates or any other exam results together with a document on your official school/university letterhead confirming the years attending, achieved and predicted grades. If you have attended more than one school, college or university, a transcript is required from each institution unless grades from the previous school(s) appear on the present transcript.
- Proof of enrollment: A copy of your current course schedule, or your upcoming course schedule if enrolled on a course beginning next term
- Essay: 300 words or less that explain your commitment to journalism and photography. All written parts of the submission must be submitted in English
- Work samples: A portfolio of 15 – 20 still images, plus up to five option video clips
Please note that applicants may not apply for more than one Getty Images Inclusion Scholarship (i.e., a similar scholarship offered in partnership with Women Photograph).