|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Company:||Lyric Hammersmith Theatre|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||18/10/2021 - 10:00|
Are you passionate about supporting the fundraising process that allows theatres to flourish? This upcoming role could be your cup of tea.
The Lyric Theatre Hammersmith are producers of bold and relevant world-class theatre. They are committed to being vital to, and representative of, their local community and to being a major force in London and UK theatre. They develop and nurture the next generation of talent, and provide opportunities for young people from all backgrounds to discover the power of creativity.
The Development Assistant will support the Lyric’s Development Team to deliver fundraising targets across all fundraising strands (individuals, trusts and foundations, public, corporate and events) with administrative, events coordination and research support. This role will particularly focus on maximizing income raised from individual and corporate funders. This role will take responsibility for the delivery of all department events including for cultivation, stewardship and fundraising. The Development Assistant will manage the Lyric’s membership schemes.
- Work with the Development Director to manage the strategy, research, acquisition, engagement, retention, renewal and reporting of Love the Lyric and Corporate members
- Be a point of contact with Love the Lyric, Corporate Members and other Supporters for booking tickets and other requests
- Manage all communications with members about Lyric news, shows, events and their support including a regular newsletter
- Ensure all donors and supporters are thanked appropriately
- Ensure all records of donors are up to date and comply with data protection regulation
- Manage relationships with in-kind corporate supporters including the Lyric’s Hotel Partner, and Corporate sponsors and supporters
- Organise prospect meetings and visits
- Work with the Development Director and other Lyric departments to plan, develop and deliver an Events Calendar including the annual quiz night
- Create guestlists, administrating logistics, space use and catering, looking after guests and attending the events and post-event follow-up
- Provide administrative support for the Lyric’s super exciting Gala with targets of over £100K
- Administer and liaise with other departments regarding bucket collection donations at the annual pantomime and other relevant productions, and source corporate match funding where possible
- Liaise with the Box Office and Marketing teams to maximise income from the Play Your Part online donation scheme
- Monitor the Development team’s income and expenditure
- Process donations, invoices, petty cash and credit card payments
- Please note that a more detailed breakdown of your roles will be available after signing in
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- Experience of financial processes and a good degree of numeracy
- An enthusiasm for event planning and administration
- Good time management skills and the ability to work at speed and under pressure
- High attention to detail with accuracy and ability to proofread
- Excellent team working skills with ability to act on own initiative
- Positivity, flexibility and enthusiasm with a desire to learn and develop
- A passion for learning more about fundraising
- Interest in and knowledge of theatre and programmes for young people
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for Fundraising events
- Experience of fundraising
- Experience of membership management
- Experience of using a Box Office systems, including the fundraising module
- Local knowledge of Hammersmith & Fulham
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.