|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/10/2021 - 17:00|
Assistant to Talent Agent (Actors)
Are you interested in supporting the best acting talent that film, TV and theatre have to offer? Look no further than this upcoming role with Curtis Brown...
Curtis Brown is one of the world’s leading literary and talent agencies, representing actors, presenters, authors, playwrights, film and television writers and directors and theatre directors.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant to support an Agent in Curtis Brown's Talent department. This role centres around delivering excellent client care and systems administration to maximise success for the Agent’s clients, provide best possible service to production and publicity partners, support the development of the Agent’s Office, and build loyalty to Curtis Brown.
- Ensuring that all administration for new clients is carried out quickly and efficiently, e.g. send out new client packs, create a record on Company database, liaise with Accounts, update Spotlight/IMDB, collate materials (photo, showreel etc)
- Ensuring the Company has an accurate record of new client finance details including bank details and tax status
- Ensuring contracts are accurately administered, recorded and can be quickly accessed. Entering information to the Company database and other relevant systems
- Drafting and reviewing contracts following agent negotiations, ensuring that all terms are in line with those agreed with the client
- Ensuring that Contracts are signed by all parties as quickly as possible, tracking progress, monitoring and chasing where necessary
- Helping to assess the suitability of potential new clients and assisting Agent in putting forward clients in a way which best highlights their strengths and suitability for work
- Following up on all proposals made by Agent and ask for feedback if clients are unsuccessful
- Being alert to and aware of the potential newsworthiness of client’s work
- Drafting web profiles for new clients and their work according to Company style guidelines
- Ensuring that information and images regarding existing clients is regularly updated
- Fielding telephone calls to the office and responding to routine enquiries
- Ensuring that the office runs smoothly including filing, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, organising couriers and handling fan mail
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A passion for and knowledge of the industry – across film, theatre and television
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experienced and confident user of video editing packages/software (VideoPad, iMovie)
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- Excellent organisational and time management skills – you need to be able to cope with a large workload and multi-task. You should be able (politely) to keep phone calls short!
- Ability to work under pressure and with interruptions
- Experience of using social media and website CMS
- Previous work experience within the creative industry, e.g. a talent agency or casting agency, would be a real bonus
- A confident, warm personality – a person who inspires trust
- A team player who is able to contribute positively to the whole department
- Someone resilient, adaptable and creative
- Someone who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic – and stamina, you’ll be expected to work some additional hours, e.g. theatre trips
- Someone with a flexible approach to problems – a person who can learn quickly
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.