|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||22/09/2021 - 17:00|
Editorial Assistant, Law
Are you ready for your first role in publishing? Explore this editorial role where you'll be working on a world-leading law list...
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Bloomsbury Academic and Professional's brands include The Arden Shakespeare, Methuen Drama, I.B. Tauris, Zed Books, Red Globe Press and T&T Clark, and their authors include Theodor Adorno, Mary Beard, Bertolt Brecht, Martin Heidegger, and Mary Midgley.
This an exciting opportunity for a first role in publishing, working on a world leading law list that publishes for both the practitioner and academic market. The Editorial Assistant will work on a range of projects, from practitioner books to textbooks, both in print and digital. This role reports in to the Global Editorial Director Law, in the Academic and Professional Division.
- Editorial support to identified lists on the law publishing list
- Help with author and contributor contracts
- Assistance with manuscripts once in house
- General administrative support as required
- Oversight of co-ordinating author feedback for the wider division
Knowledge, skills, experience
- A working knowledge of outlook, word and excel
- Strong organisational skills and efficient time management
- Ideally familiarity with the legal landscape, though not required
- Good communication skills and confidence when dealing with senior stakeholders
- Attention to detail
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.