|Contract Type:||Permanent Contract|
|Salary or training bursary:|
|Eligibility:||Open to all|
|Apply by:||01/10/2021 - 17:00|
Assistant to 3 Literary Agents
Do you have a keen interest in the publishing industry? A passion for books? Today's your lucky day!
C&W is one of the UK’s leading literary agencies. They are a small, committed, and collaborative team of literary agents, translation rights agents, and finance professionals within Europe’s largest and most successful talent agency, The Curtis Brown Group.
This role will involve providing administrative support to three Literary Agents, as well as actively engaging with C&W’s social media and website and helping with the general office administration. This will be a flexible role with the opportunity to work between their London offices and home, and they’ll take the needs of individual candidates into account. They are also happy to consider applications from those who would prefer a 4-day week on a pro-rata basis. While a keen interest in the publishing industry is a must, previous publishing work experience is not a requirement for the role.
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries from clients, colleagues, and other industry professionals, handling queries for Emma, Richard and Lucy’s clients as directed. Managing the diaries for each office including schedules for Book Fairs and other business travel abroad
- Assisting each Agent with reading and responding to unsolicited manuscript and book proposal submissions to each office, and with the upkeep of submission logs of client work to publishers
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the authors, books and genres represented by Emma, Lucy and Richard. This may include updating quote sheets and reviews for books published, keeping publication schedules and authors’ document files up to date and sharing materials with Translation rights and TV/Film agents, sending on author copies and dealing with authors’ post
- Updating Book Fair catalogue pages as directed by Agents and Translation rights
- Creating content for and updating the C&W website and C&W’s social media channels, including Twitter and Instagram, according to their style guidelines. Collating a 3 monthly newsletter of C&W highlights to share with publishing partners
- Assisting in the drafting and processing of publishing contracts and rights agreements, in liaison with each Agent and the Legal Team
- Updating author and contract details on BP. Invoicing for client advances, royalties, and fees, as directed, and keeping a log of upcoming due and overdue payments
- Taking a supporting role in the daily management of diary for the C&W office, including scheduling both internal and external meetings for clients and editor visits
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Great organisation skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience of using social media
- A passion for books and the publishing industry
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that the company reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early.