Creative Access has a highly experienced team, with a strong track record of delivering exceptional training for organisations across the UK. We offer training for people on all rungs of the professional ladder.
1. Candidate training
- Entry Programme – Support your new starters to make the most of the opportunity in your workplace and give them the very best chance of success. This programme supports participants from under-represented communities at the start of their creative journey.
- Development Programme– Champion your mid-level staff to progress through the creative industries. Sponsored by the Financial Times, this programme has three elements; mentoring, networking and training for emerging leaders.
2. Employer training
We run a range of training designed to help organisations become more inclusive; from diversity and inclusion, to mental health and wellbeing; and leadership. Training can be anything from a company-wide programme to a one-off session.
All of our diversity trainers have held senior posts in the cultural and creative industries. Our mental health and neurodiversity training is run by senior clinical psychologists.
Courses are tailored to meet the requirements of each organisation and pitched to take account of different levels of responsibility. Training is interactive and impactful, including group discussion, personal reflection and best-practice sharing.
We run longer interactive sessions which include time for in-depth research, development and planning with your team. We also run introductory (typically one hour) shorter sessions. Training themes include:
- Introduction to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Unconscious bias
- Building resilience
- Introduction to mental health; cultivating empathetic conversations about wellbeing at work
- Work-life balance; how to avoid burnout and work-related stress
- The impact of COVID and working from home on mental health in the workplace
- The impact of BLM and racism on mental health in the workplace
- Sleep and the physical response to challenges with mental health
- Mental health and identity, stigma, culture and understanding
- Embracing neurodiversity; how different thinking styles in teams can enhance productivity
- Compassionate leadership
- Resources for parents; supporting your child’s wellbeing during a pandemic
- How to be an ally
- Inclusive recruitment
- How to be anti-racist
- Race in the workplace
- Eliminating micro-aggressions
- Let’s talk about class
- Managing diverse teams
- Inclusive leadership
- Establishing a positive working environment
- Imposter syndrome
- Understanding gender bias