Web Editor – Broadcast & Entertainment (Maternity Cover)
Calling all digital dynamos! If you are bursting with creative content ideas and enjoy blogging and social media, stand at attention for this brilliant opportunity with one of the biggest broadcasters for the Armed Forces…
Forces Network, part of the Services Sound & Vision Corporation and British Forces Broadcasting Service brands, has a global reach, and a mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the Armed Forces and military communities.
They are currently looking for a Web Editor to join their team. The successful candidate will be joining reporters, multimedia producers and digital creatives covering the online arm of the corporation for their global audience of the British Armed Forces and wider military family. This role would be a fixed term Maternity Cover contract for a minimum of six months, starting in May 2019.
They are looking for a motivated multimedia digital content producer who ‘thinks digital’, is bursting with creative content ideas and adept at telling stories through accurate and well-written copy. If you have a flair for creating attention-grabbing video and bringing in impactful, visual, engaging content across a range of platforms to help them grow their digital audiences, this is the role for you!
- Working with broadcast and entertainment teams to optimise digital content around audio and radio output and broadcasts
- Working alongside radio presenters to present content packages that work across both audio and online platforms
- Working with Forces Radio BFBS
- Reporting and writing up stories
- Creating video and podcasts
- Sub-editing and curating copy
- Working on social media projects
- Handling live blogging updates, live social media broadcasts, live radio and more
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A self-starter, adept at a range of creative ways to tell stories on digital platforms
- A good understanding of best practice online content production, digital publishing including SEO and savvy social media practices
- Knowledge of the forces.net website and Forces Radio BFBS
- Keen to get involved in all aspects of digital publishing and engagement
- An NCTJ qualification or equivalent professional journalism training would be an advantage, as too would experience in a digital media / radio broadcasting environment
- Experience of desktop editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro is desitable
- Audio editing skills in creation of podcasts is desirable
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website