Trainee Researcher – Children’s Social Media
Do you know Balamory from Bob the Builder? Wolfblood from the Worst Witch? If you love children’s content, apply now for this phenomenal opportunity to join the home of kid’s TV….
The BBC Children’s Social Media team help their fantastic content for UK kids aged 0-16 reach as many eyes as possible. They run social media accounts across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, aimed at teenagers and parents of younger kids. They make brilliant social content, engaging with audiences, and helping their teams across the rest of the Children’s department to understand what makes social media gold. They are part of the Live team that’s working across live TV, news, as well as YouTube and social platforms.
The Children’s Social Media team are looking for a bright, ambitious person who is passionate about children’s content and digital storytelling. The successful trainee will spend 12 months with their social team, making content across their platforms for teenagers and young parents. They will get the chance to develop valuable digital skills that will provide a firm footing in a fast-changing industry, and an area that is of the utmost importance for the BBC.
The Trainee will be based with their social team in the heart of Media City, Salford; so will also get the chance to work alongside TV, News, website & apps and influencer teams, in order to develop a well-rounded view of how kids’ media is changing. If you’ve always wanted to work in children’s media, apply for this incredible opportunity to unleash your inner child and tell amazing digital stories to new generations of kids.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Digital content development; how to tell stories and create ‘native’ content for social platforms
- Platform management – how to connect with audiences by building communities online
- Community management across social media platforms
- Curation – planning and scheduling content across our platforms
- Content production skills – hands on video editing, image editing and copywriting for different platforms and audiences
- Research skills – discovering great stories to bring to our audiences
- Analytics and insights – understanding performance data and how to use it to inform plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Awareness / understanding of CBBC / CBeebies output and audience
- In-depth knowledge of social platforms, content types and how audiences use them
- Good understanding of the wider breadth of digital platforms and how audiences use them
- Committed to developing a career in media
- Essential: Basic content production skills – image / video editing, copywriting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and brimming with fresh ideas
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly