Trainee Researcher – BBC Unscripted
Are you an avid watcher of shows like Antiques Roadshow and Countryfile? Eager to set foot into the world of television production? If so, now is the time to apply for this brilliant opportunity with the Unscripted team in Bristol…
The BBC Unscripted team in Bristol produce a range of programmes including Antiques Roadshow and Fake or Fortune, as well as rural affairs programming with Countryfile, Countryfile Diaries and Inside the Duchy.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Researcher to work across both of these genres for 12 months, splitting their time between three productions over the year.
The successful candidate will learn and access a range of research techniques as well as receive on-going mentor support from experience researchers on the team. They will also gain a great deal of location experience on these productions and be given training in the digital village to ensure they have an excellent ground knowledge of media management and camera assisting.
This is the ideal opportunity for a TV enthusiast to emerge from this scheme with all the necessary skills to immediately be taken on in a junior researcher position. So, if you would love the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most well known television shows, based in the BBC hub in Bristol, they would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Full understanding of the television production process across a range of programme types and platforms
- A full insight into how the BBC Unscripted team operates
- Research techniques and reporting skills
- Administrative and editorial skills
- Understanding of what goes into the perfect pitch
- How to generate engaging ideas for a range of audiences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience or interest in the media
- Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming made in BBC Bristol
- Passionate about pursuing a career in TV development
- Team player with the ability to take initiative
- Creative and bursting with engaging ideas
- General understanding of the audiences for shows such as Antiques Roadshow and Countryfile
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME background
- Do not contact the company directly