Trainee Publishing Assistant
Do you want a career in Children’s publishing? Join this iconic publishing house to get first-hand experience of the entire publishing process…
Faber has a long and distinguished history of publishing children’s books, from picture books to young adult. Their authors include Emma Carroll, David Long, Jason Reynolds, Kate Saunders, Swapna Haddow and Kieran Larwood.
The Faber Children’s team is looking to hire a Trainee Publishing Assistant for 12 weeks. You’ll gain hands-on experience of working in a Children’s publisher and it is an ideal opportunity for someone who would want to have a career in Children’s publishing. The successful candidate will be involved in all the stages of the publishing process including attending publishing meetings, assessing manuscripts, providing admin support and updating systems.
This will suit someone who has a passion for Children’s books, enjoys working in a team, is a good communicator, good eye for detail and is computer literate.
- Providing all-round assistance to the children’s department and day to day involvement within the children’s editorial team.
- Attending Editorial and Covers meetings
- Topping and tailing printers layouts (checking for errors)
- Biblio updates
- Reading and assessing mss
- Updating artwork files with new talent
- Researching FAB Prize.
- Other duties that may be required that are within your skill and competence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Passion for children’s books
- Good eye for detail
- Love of language, and books more generally.
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Good on social media
- Computer literate
- Good administrative skills
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Interviews will be held on the 4th & 5th of December
- Do not contact the company directly
This internship is part-funded by the Mo Siewcharran Memorial Fund, set up by John Seaton in memory of his wife, Mo, the former Marketing & Communications Director at Nielson Books.