Trainee Production Management Assistant – Unscripted & NHU
If you are a lover of shows like Frozen Planet and Countryfile and eager to start your career in television, why not develop your production management skills with an award-winning department in Bristol…
The BBC team in Bristol spans two phenomenal departments. The Unscripted team in Bristol produce a range of programmes including Antiques Roadshow, DIY SOS and Fake or Fortune, as well as rural affairs programming with Countryfile, Countryfile Diaries and Inside the Duchy. The NHU slate in Bristol covers big landmark programming including Planet Earth III and Frozen Planet II, plus mini Landmarks such as Rivers, topical output for the One Show and The Watches.
They currently have a coveted opportunity for a Trainee Production Management Assistant to join their team, working across both genres for twelve months. This is the first time a Creative Access entrant will get to work in production management in Bristol, and offers the successful candidate the chance to gain invaluable skills and learn from the best in the business.
The Trainee will gain experience and training across the range of production management assistant duties. There is also the possibility of gaining location experience on certain productions.
If you are looking to take your first step on the production management career path, with future aspirations to progress in this field, this is the perfect opportunity to gain real, first hand experience with an award-winning department.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understanding of how a busy, production management team operates in the television industry
- An understanding of the various stages of factual television production
- Social media skills
- Event management skills
- How to prepare and subsequently communicate production information and help resolve a range of diverse operational issues
- General programme production support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Passion for the production management career path
- Enthusiasm for factual and factual entertainment content
- Demonstrable knowledge of BBC Unscripted and NHU’s output and their competitors including knowledge of the programmes broadcast on the network
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Brimming with ideas, with a good understanding of what makes engaging viewing
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME background
- Do not contact the company directly