Trainee Production Assistant
If theatre is your ultimate passion and you’ve always harboured a desire to forge a career in the arts, we have the perfect opportunity for you with the National Theatre.
Situated within London’s cultural hub on the South Bank, the National Theatre aims to bring an eclectic mix of new and classic plays to a diverse audience. They constantly strive to research and develop new work and offer a range of learning and public engagement programmes, which tour and broadcast in the UK and internationally.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Production Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will learn how to carry out research during the pre-production stage and will receive training on how to support the National’s communications objectives by circulating relevant information to all team members.
They will also learn how to carry out research during the pre-production stage and will receive training on how to support the National’s communications objectives by circulating relevant information to all team members.
This opportunity would suit a highly inquisitive and creative individual who is interested in pursuing a career in theatre that might include producing and the overall production process.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Basic production management skills
- Creative realization
- Research skills
- Understanding of how a busy theatre production office operates
- Technical production skills (e.g. lighting, sound, automation)
- Ability to read technical drawings and plans
- Basic procurement skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous administrative experience would be desirable
- A genuine passion for The Arts
- Experience and /or interest in theatre production is also desirable
- Must be a team player with strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks in a busy and changeable environment
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to deal calmly, confidently and positively with people at all levels, over the phone, via email and in person
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly