Trainee Men’s Costumer Maker
Do you want to pursue a career in costume making? If you have basic experience in the field and want to expand your skills, we have a brilliant opportunity to join an esteemed theatre company!
Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) perform theatre at its best, made in Stratford-upon-Avon and shared around the world. They perform Shakespeare’s plays, as well as works by Shakespeare’s contemporaries and plays by today’s writers. They want as many people as possible to be able to access theatre at its best, so they bring they work to the widest possible audience through touring across the UK and worldwide, broadcasts to cinemas, education work and more.
RSC are looking for a Trainee Men’s Costume Maker. The successful candidate will have the chance to build on their existing knowledge and skills to kickstart their career in the field. This is a great opportunity to gain a broad understanding of making men’s costumes in a professional environment.
- Develop technical skillset
- Learn the importance and necessity of working to deadlines
- Develop knowledge and understanding of costume construction
- Help to construct costumes using sewing techniques, following instruction from workroom staff
- Observe at fittings if required
- Develop knowledge of stock items
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- BTEC, HND or degree in Theatre Costume or equivalent
- Basic experience in Costume Making
- Proven experience of working well within a team and willingness to support others as required
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Punctual and reliable individual, able to manage own workload and take instruction
- Prepared for both routine and challenging work
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access