Trainee – BBC Films
Camera rolling in three…two…one! This is a one of a kind opportunity for motivated individual with a passion for film to join a thriving organisation at the heart of the British film industry
BBC Films is the feature filmmaking division of the BBC. Having financed and co-produced some of the most successful British films in recent years, including I, Daniel Blake, Fish Tank and Yardie, BBC Films has established itself at the forefront of independent filmmaking in the UK.
They are looking for a Trainee who will learn how to provide administrative support to the entire BBC Films department, consisting of the editorial, legal and press/marketing departments. By playing an integral part in the administration of a small team, the trainee will learn about the creative and business sides of filmmaking and will have the opportunity to attend meetings and screenings. The candidate will also have the opportunity to read scripts and write notes.
This placement will provide the opportunity to gain an invaluable insight into the filmmaking process from development through to distribution, and to gain an understanding of some of the challenges currently facing the industry.
So, if you have a passion for film and a desire to learn this is a superb opportunity to channel your film knowledge and learn from some of the industry’s most prolific filmmakers, writers and producers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An insight into film marketing and communications
- How a film is put together from an editorial, legal and business point of view and how the wider film industry is structured
- An insight into script development
- Admin and research skills
- Event organisation skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A genuine interest the film industry
- An interest in marketing and communications
- A passion for storytelling
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with digital communications including websites and CMS is a bonus
- A hands on, ‘can-do’ attitude and ability to collaborate with all team members
- A creative thinker with a problem-solving mentality
- Ability to deal with high level executives
- Prior office and/or production experience is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and prioritise tasks effectively
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME background
- Do not contact the company directly