Trainee Artist Coordinator
Are you a lover of classical music? Interested in project management? If so, check out this fantastic opportunity to gain first-hand experience within one of the world’s foremost classical artist management agencies…
Innovation, expertise and responsiveness have been the hallmarks of HarrisonParrott (HP) ever since its foundation in 1969 when Jasper Parrott and Terry Harrison pioneered a new approach to classical music artist management. Today, that restless and challenging spirit is as strong as ever, shared across one of the most experienced teams in the business.
They currently have two openings for a Trainee Artist Coordinator who will be working across different departments as well as Artist Management and benefit from a holistic internship experience.
The successful candidate will gain a comprehensive and useful insight within a dynamic environment, learn about the business from HP’s highly experienced staff, and gain a general overview of how they operate within the arts industry as a whole.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised individual who either wants to gain practical experience of Artist Management or is keen to take the first steps towards a career within Artist Management.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Help maintain the computer diary of each artist and finalise details of each engagement
- Schedule travel and arrange accommodation
- Co-ordinate rehearsal orders, call times, meetings with conductors
- Assist in the processing and finalisation of artist contracts
- Support the financial administration of artists’ payments, commissions and tax returns
- Assess and present reviews of recordings and performances, obtaining foreign reviews where relevant
- Liaise with the Marketing team and write engaging copy for the company website news
- Maintain files containing artists photographs and other press material
- Order promotional recordings and distribute as required
- Generally assist in preparation and distribution of sales material
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A knowledge of and passion for classical music would be a distinct advantage
- Administration experience would be beneficial but not compulsory
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an accurate and timely manner
- Professional, confident and efficient
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly