Technically speaking, this opportunity could be for you… One of London’s leading theatres is looking for a theatre loving technician to join them.
The Almeida is a theatre company with a national and international reputation for producing work of the highest standard – achieving recognition through consistent critical acclaim, increasing national reach, international profile and breadth of audiences.
They are looking for a Theatre Technician who will be responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of all technical aspects of the Almeida’s production work, with a bias towards the lighting and staging aspects of each show.
This will involve taking responsibility for providing technical support throughout the production process as required, from the rehearsal room to the stage. It will also involve operating shows on a daily basis, and assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the production.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the health & safety policy, codes of practice and relevant legislation, and work in such a way as to promote a culture of safety.
- To ensure the smooth running, as directed by the Chief Technician, of all technical aspects of each Almeida production on a daily basis.
- To support the daily set up before and clear up after each show, completing pre-show checks as required.
- To operate lighting and / or sound cues, or to work on stage as required by the production.
- To schedule and line manage casual technical staff or student placements when required, including providing inductions and supervising any unfamiliar tasks.
- To ensure all Almeida technical equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
- To ensure the Theatre and all public areas are in a safe and presentable condition.
- To work with the Chief Technician to ensure any damaged or broken equipment is identified, removed from service and repaired or disposed of.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of the annual maintenance schedule, including annual PAT testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience of theatre lighting and sound
- Understanding of the theatre-making process, from rehearsals through to get outs
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of theatre-making, including the interpretation of lighting and sound designs and plots
- Understanding of basic electrical safety and stage carpentry, including scenic fit ups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-keeping
- Proactive and flexible attitude, ability to effectively prioritise and respond to quickly changing priorities
- Initiative and ability to tackle and solve problems independently
- IT proficient
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- Enthusiasm for/ interest in the theatre and the work of the Almeida
- Working knowledge of ETC EOS System
- Working knowledge of AutoCad
- Full, clean driving licence
- First Aid trained (3 day course)
- Fire Marshal trained
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website