The Drapers’ Company Costume Placement
Are you passionate about costume? Do you have a burning ambition to work in Theatre Wardrobe or a related textiles industry?
The Unicorn is the UK’s leading professional theatre for young audiences, dedicated to inspiring and invigorating young people of all ages, perspectives and abilities, and empowering them to explore the world – on their own terms – through theatre.
This is an exciting opportunity for a person under 25 to join the Unicorn Theatre on a completely new, paid placement in the Wardrobe department. Funded by the Drapers’ Company, the placement will enable an applicant with a real appetite to work within costume or textiles, and to be completely embedded in the Unicorn Technical department. The successful candidate will assist across all areas of theatre costume, developing vital practical, creative and commercial skills.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Assist across all areas of theatre costume, developing vital practical, creative and commercial skills
- You’ll learn fast, in a real and demanding hands-on environment You’ll see professional productions develop from beginning to end
- Work with professional Designers and Directors
- Be developed and supported by one of the strongest Technical teams around
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- An interest in the Unicorn’s Technical department
- A real appetite to work within costume or textiles
- Under 25 years old throughout the length of the placement
- Fearless passion and commitment
- From backgrounds typically underrepresented in the theatre sector
This is a 15-week placement, averaging out as four days a week