Are you always coming up with original creative content? Do you love reality TV shows? Game shows? Quizzes? Factual Entertainment shows? If so, it’s time to kickstart your TV career with this brand new opportunity…
STV Productions has been developing and producing hit entertainment shows since 1957 – they are one of the longest running production companies in the UK and Scotland. They are behind some of the most popular shows on TV such as Catchphrase and Celebrity Catchphrase (ITV), Sex Tape (Channel 4), Safe Word (ITV2), Fake Reaction (ITV2) and long-running Antiques Road Trip (BBC1) and dramas including The Victim and Elizabeth Is Missing (BBC1).
The team in the London office of STV are looking for a talented new trainee to join their entertainment development department. The successful candidate will be someone who keeps up with popular culture, knows the hottest trends, recognises talent from comedy to music and keeps up with the latest technology, TV shows (Netflix, youtube and Amazon count!) and is passionate about making fun new entertainment shows. At the end of the internship, you’ll have a strong foundation and be well-equipped to apply for roles in a range of production areas.
Do you create any of your own content for Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok or any other platform? Do you think about how we should talk to audiences and want to help STV reach new people? Are you eager to get involved and learn new skills? Can you work in a team and also take ownership to get things done? If so, then STV want YOU! This is an exceptional opportunity for a creative individual bursting with new ideas to undertake a paid nine-month traineeship.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Originating exciting, fresh and original unscripted entertainment and factual entertainment TV ideas both individually and with the team
- Writing and creating pitch documents
- Learning to use Photoshop, Power Point and video editing software to an extremely high professional standard to help package and sell ideas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- No TV experience is necessary
- Ability to demonstrate a creative mind
- A passion for unscripted entertainment, factual and comedy content (if you want to get into scripted TV or serious documentaries, this isn’t the role for you)
- Loads of ideas
- No academic entry required – you do not need a degree or other professional qualification
- Send your CV and cover letter as one document to this email. Please cover the following in your cover letter:
- Why is this the perfect job for you?
- Why are you the perfect candidate for the job? Tell us about any filming, editing, photoshop, music or other relevant skills – whether professionally or just for fun.
- What is your favourite TV format of all time?
- Other interests
- In the same document, or alternatively in a separate video, audio, or graphic powerpoint file you must also submit original television ideas for two of the briefs listed below. Use whatever format you think works best to sell your idea, but please note videos should be no longer than 2 minutes filming, and written ideas should be no more than one A4 page.
- Brief 1: Provide a high concept idea for a repeatable factual entertainment show including how the format of the show would work each episode
- Brief 2: Develop a one off strand/game for a Saturday night game show (E.g. Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway) or reality show (E.g. I’m a Celebrity or Big Brother)
- Brief 3: Outline a pitch for any unscripted format which you believe should be on TV
- Your ideas should include a minimum of the following:
- A log line: two lines which sell the programme or idea (what you imagine would be written about it in the Radio Times)
- Explanation of how it works and what the original concept of it is
- Where you would find the show on (E.g. BBC1, ITV2, Netflix)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly
PLEASE NOTE, STV Productions, together with all other television production entities within the STV Group PLC (“Group Companies”), is continually involved in devising, creating and developing television programme formats, some of which may by coincidence be similar or identical to ideas submitted by you. By submitting your application, you accept that these formats are created independently by the Group Companies and agree that you shall not make any claim or institute any proceedings for breach of copyright, passing-off, confidentiality, trade mark infringement or otherwise in connection with the Group Companies’ dealings with the same.