Social Media Manager
Brilliant opportunity for a social media savvy individual to join an award-winning team at one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK…
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. They are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
They are are looking for a Social Media Manager to join their award winning social media team. This brilliant role will involve managing the content and planning process for Direct Line Group’s brands, helping to develop the social strategy and bringing it to life across social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will be able to think creatively, plan strategically and ultimately will be passionate about social media. If you think you can help turn data into actionable insight to further drive DLG’s business forward, they would love to hear from you!
- Deliver the social media brand strategy for Direct Line, Churchill, Green Flag and Privilege across multiple social platforms through developing a robust social content calendar for all brands, identifying content themes and stories for reactive and proactive social engagement
- Work with DLG’s Community Manager, PR, SEO and Social Media Customer Service and Claims teams to develop best in class earned media strategy for our content to increase their brands’ exposure to relevant social communities and influencers and to increase their brands’ association with affinity brands, influencers and communities.
- Manage the content publishing process, including associate governance – approval workflow, compliance, archiving/documenting
- Provide regular reports and analysis of social content and sentiment performance to senior stakeholders, providing insights and recommendations
- Work closely with the Social Media Editor and Biddable Team to define their cross channel paid social media strategy to drive fan acquisition and engagement to support their brand health
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the paid social marketing briefs to the Internal Biddable Media Team so they can implement campaigns
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Manage the day to day relationships with their agencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Social media experience gained in either agency or client side role
- Excellent creative skills, including copywriting, video and image production
- Expertise in publishing content via social media platform tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and social media management systems like (Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Conversocial etc)
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends, consumer behaviour and best practices
- Integrated marketing mind set (offline and online, paid, owned, shared and earned channels)
- Detail oriented, ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to identify what could become reputational issue
- Expertise in using analytics tools (e.g. Facebook, YouTube and Twitter Insights etc) and developing meaningful measurement reports, analysis and actionable recommendations on next steps
- Expertise in using Social Media Listening tools like Sonar and Brandwatch.
- Ability to interpret and analyse the data and create reports and dashboards for cross-departmental and executive reporting