Are you sales savvy with a passion for children’s book publishing? If so, this is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to expand their knowledge of account management and the children’s book market.
Hachette is a leading UK publishing group, made up of ten autonomous publishing divisions and over fifty imprints with a rich and diverse literary history. The Non-Trade Sales team represent HCG, Little, Brown, Orion, Hodder, Headline, John Murray Press, Quercus and Octopus publishing, maximising incremental sales for the business in both the UK and Export markets.
They are looking for a Sales Executive who will report to the Sales Manager for Non-Trade (HCG LEAD) and be responsible for maximising the sales and profitability of titles from across the Group’s YA lists and their children’s list, with a specific focus on the Watts and Wayland list. You will be a go-to representative for key bookclub accounts alongside a range of educational retailers and contribute to partnership sales, working closely with the Sales Director for Non-Trade.
The role would suit somebody looking to expand their knowledge of account management and the children’s book market.
- Attend all relevant internal meetings, including key publishing meetings
- Attend and prepare for all relevant customer meetings
- Pitch and prepare for key partnership sales projects and take minutes at the internal committee when required
- Monitor weekly divisional sales for W&W Non Trade, working with the Non-Trade team to ensure all divisional targets are met
- Share findings of bookclub and educational market activity in relevant internal feedback
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A passion for children’s book publishing
- Excellent communicator and confident working with multiple customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills
- Confidence working with multiple customers and internal stakeholders
- The ideal candidate will be creative and commercial
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- An excellent team player
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint) are essential
- Please follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website