Runner – ITV Tonight
Are you interested in what is happening in the world, in politics and your community? Fancy working for the most watched current affairs programme? If so, this could be the role for you…
Tonight is Britain’s most popular current affairs programme. Produced by ITV Studios, they deliver compelling stories that get to the heart of what matters most to its viewers. The show runs a breadth of stories from human interest-led current affairs to investigative journalism.
Transmitting weekly at 7:30pm on ITV, the show is looking for a Runner with a love for storytelling and current affairs to join the team. At the end of this Fixed Term Contract (Dec 2019) you will have gained an insight into the process of producing a factual TV series. You will have gained research skills and will understand the elements that contribute to creating a successful TV programme.
You will have learnt about kit management and maintenance, including training on camera and sound equipment, data wrangling and management of rushes, researching current affairs, generating new ideas for potential stories and the development of stories, including sourcing contributors to production and filming.
This is a dream role for a self-starter who wants to learn from the best in the business.. If you’re fascinated by how TV is created, this is an excellent opportunity for you to learn how to do it!
- Booking kit in and out on a daily basis
- Ensuring everything is in the right place at the right time for multiple teams each day
- You will also have the opportunity to help out on location when needed doing general runner duties
- Assist with casting and general researching
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- An interest in current affairs
- An eye for a good story is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised
- Proficient PC skills, ideally including Google Drive, software packages including basic editing e.g. Adobe Photoshop
- A technical understanding of kit, including camera and data wrangling is advantageous
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Good initiative and good common sense
- Follow this link to apply