Rights Executive – Little Brown Book Group
What a turn up for the books! Check out this fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to start a career in publishing, to gain experience in the Rights team at one of the country’s leading publishing groups.
Four-time winner of the Publisher of the Year award, most recently at the 2014 Bookseller Industry Awards, Little, Brown Book Group (owned by Hachette) is one of the most successful and dynamic publishers in the UK. Across their fourteen imprints, they publish as wide a range of titles as anyone in the industry, and pride themselves on the quality, variety and diversity of their publishing output. Little, Brown’s rights department team members have won the prestigious Rights Professional of the Year Award three times at the British Book Awards.
They are looking for a Rights Executive who will report to the Senior Rights Manager and provide administrative support to all three members of the rights department as they focus their efforts on author care and securing sales. This role is perfect for an administratively strong individual with a desire to progress in the world of publishing.
- Provide administrative support to all three members of the rights department as they focus their efforts on author care and securing sales
- Selling production materials and other rights selling responsibilities
- Preparing presentations to customers
- Coordinating sales material for international book fairs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Highly motivated individual with a minimum of two years’ experience working in rights
- Team player
- Meticulous eye for detail, spelling and grammar
- Ability to use their own initiative
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and colleagues
- Excellent PC skills including Excel (previous experience using Biblio, PowerPoint or website maintenance and social media would be desirable)
- Effective email and telephone manner
- Voracious reader with a wide-ranging taste in all fiction and non-fiction from commercial to literary; they must enjoy rom-coms as much as Booker Prize-winners
- Please follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website