Calling all radio heads! Are you a talented presenter who is dedicated to producing content? Ready to boost the morale of the UK Armed Forces? If so, check out this fantastic opportunity to present for BFBS Radio…
The British Forces broadcaster is looking for a talented and multi skilled Radio Presenter to join their team and create fun, entertaining and relevant content every day for this unique audience every day. To be successful in this role you will currently be presenting a regular live show on a BBC, commercial or community station (or recently have done so) and be used to self op and self-produced approaches to programmes and content.
The ability to incorporate social media initiatives into your creative ideas will already be second nature and their experts will support you in developing techniques to identify the best stories for their audiences.
After a short familiarisation period at our HQ near Gerrards Cross in Buckinghamshire, you’ll be prepared for long term overseas postings to places like Canada, the Falkland Islands, Germany, Gibraltar and Cyprus. So, a willingness to live in a military community and a sense of adventure are both essential. Talk to them about the opportunity for your spouse, partner and family to go with you, if that works best for your circumstances.
This is a life-changing opportunity to make exceptional radio for an extraordinary audience. So, if you are excited at the prospect of a full-on role, living and working alongside the UK Armed Forces, at home and overseas, they would love to hear from you!
- Presenting and producing sequence programmes
- Identifying and providing content for sequence programmes and, where appropriate, News
- Conducting interviews
- Producing speech/audio features (including packages, reports, interviews and documentaries)
- Active use of digital and social media platforms
- Conducting radio station administration duties where required
- Attending events, OBs and being an ambassador for BFBS Radio
- Undertaking reasonable tasks as directed line manager(s)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Recent sequence presentation experience in a live ‘self-op’ environment is essential
- Production & multi-track editing skills, including features, packages & reports
- Good research and interviewing skills
- Excellent radio presentation, production, editing, interviewing and writing skills
- Good broadcasting voice
- Resourceful, innovative, flexible and reliable
- Bags of personality and enthusiasm both on and off air
- Ability to identify and produce the most suitable content for identified British Forces audiences
NOTE: They are looking for someone to start ASAP
- Send your application to this email. This needs to include a CV and a covering letter, telling them why you are the right person for this role and detail your salary expectations
- They also require a demo of no more than 3 minutes, showing the full range of your skills
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website