Passionate about pursuing a career in publishing and seeking your next role in the field? If so, this brilliant role with one of the UK’s most successful non-profit publishers may just be what you’ve been waiting for…
Based in Oxford, New Internationalist Publications Ltd is a leading independent, not-for-profit, community-owned publishing co-operative dedicated to global, socially-conscious publishing and journalism. New Internationalist publishes global current affairs, illustrated nonfiction, international short story anthologies and children’s books. Myriad Editions publishes award-winning literary fiction, graphic novels and political nonfiction. Last year, Myriad joined New Internationalist as part of a shared plan to expand, reach wider audiences, and publish books that push boundaries and embrace diversity.
They are looking for a Publishing Co-ordinator to work on the New Internationalist and Myriad Editions book imprints. In this role, you will support and be jointly responsible for a dynamic, innovative marketing and publicity strategy to increase the sales of New Internationalist and Myriad titles, and raise the profile of both brands.
The ideal candidate will have a flair for devising publicity campaigns, writing engaging promotional material and an ability to analyse media coverage and social media reach.
Please note this role is based in Oxford.
- Helping to plan, organise and implement fully integrated marketing and publicity campaigns and events
- Managing the production of all marketing and publicity material (including Trade/Advance Information, press releases, promotional flyers, catalogues and online copy)
- Carrying out an ongoing analysis of promotional activity and media coverage to ensure the efficiency of publishing and different marketing strategies
- Managing website pages – keeping the book’s pages up-to-date, planning and preparing content
- Maintaining and developing systems and processes to support the marketing and publishing strategy worldwide
- Liaising with booksellers and other event organisers to ensure that books are ordered and delivered for events
- Provide administrative and editorial support to other members of the team as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- High standards of accuracy and excellent proofreading skills
- An interest in political nonfiction, fiction and/or graphic novels
- Experience in managing online content
- Experience in managing social media campaigns
- Knowledge of publishing metadata systems and databases (ie. ONIX, Nielsen)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment to the political aims of the New Internationalist and to working in a co-operative
- An eye for design and a working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop is desirable
- Project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects is desirable
- Experience of analysing the effectiveness of online and offline campaign is desirable
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Do not contact the company directly