Publishing Assistant (Education Reform)
Do you believe Education to be important? Want to join a department that provides educational resources for organisations around the world? Why not apply for this coveted opportunity to gain a comprehensive overview of the publishing process with one of the world’s most renowned publishing houses?
Cambridge University Press (CUP) dates from 1534 and is part of the University of Cambridge. Their mission is to unlock people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. Playing a leading role in today’s global market place, they have over 50 offices around the globe, and they distribute their products to nearly every country in the world.
They are looking for a Publishing Assistant who will work with the Education Reform team, who develop educational resources for Ministries of Education and government organisations around the world. Education Reform (often in collaboration with Cambridge Assessment) supports global clients with development of curriculum, textbooks, teacher training, digital materials and assessment to support education reforms within countries undergoing change.
You will support the teams in all aspects of programme coordination and in developing materials to meet client’s requirements. You will support the Head of Delivery in making changes to ways of working within the team, helping to develop documentation and processes for implementation.
You will also gain an understanding of customer interactions, project management and challenges, efficiencies in publishing working practices and in how education reforms are managed within countries around the globe.
PLEASE NOTE* Free accommodation will be provided as part of this internship
- Coordinating suppliers and managing input and output between CUP and suppliers
- Supporting the Programme Managers with scheduling, budgeting and programme logistics
- Supporting the Head of Delivery with process improvements and creation
- Supporting the Head of Publishing and Research with ongoing projects
- Working with the Business Development team to keep abreast of opportunities and developments within target markets
- Working with marketing to get an understanding of how Education Reform market the business and reach out to potential customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Sound project management skills
- An ability to prioritise important tasks within a busy and varied workload
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in communicating between team members and with wider Press colleagues
- An interest in understanding the costs involved in a project and how these can affect profitability
- An ability to analyse existing processes and consider where improvements might be possible or required
- A desire to learn more about the education market and its key opportunities and challenges
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly