Publishing Assistant, Art & Architecture
Calling all enthusiastic literary-lovers with an interest in illustrated art books! This global publishing house seeks an admin-savvy, super-organised individual to join their editorial team…
Originally founded in New Haven, Connecticut, in 1908, Yale University Press publishes serious non-fiction that furthers scholarly investigation, stimulates public debate and enhances cultural life. It is unique in being the only American university press with a full-scale publishing operation in Europe. Yale University Press London produces internationally renowned, distinguished art, architecture, history, biography and current affairs books. Their diverse and prize-winning list includes Richard Holloway, Clive James, Yasmin Khan, A.C. Grayling, David Rieff, Amanda Vickery, Julian Baggini, Geoffrey Parker, Terry Eagleton and Zeynep Tufekci.
Yale Press seeks an enthusiastic and hardworking person with a genuine interest in illustrated art book publishing. Reporting directly to the Art Editorial Director and Head of Production, the role is responsible for organisational and administrative duties to support acquisitions, editorial and production development for Yale’s prestigious art list.
- Work closely with the Editorial Director, Art Acquisitions Editor and Head of Production-Design and Editorial, providing administrative and organisational support to both roles and the wider department
- Be the primary organisational liaison between offices in the London and New Haven Art / Architecture departments
- Work closely with the project editors, providing specific editorial support to the Art/Architecture editorial team on individual book projects
- Take primary responsibility for all data implementation for the art/architecture titles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Some knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Excel, Word Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge & Acrobat)
- Highly organised, proactive and efficient with good attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise effectively, using initiative and working to deadlines
- Good team player with a willingness to work collaboratively across the department and the organisation
- A keen interest in illustrated and art book publishing
- An enthusiastic and willing approach