Project Management Assistant (Cambridge Learning for Schools)
Are you project orientated with a keen eye for detail and an ability to work to clear timelines? Step 1. Read about this opportunity…Step 2. Decide if you fit the bill… Step 3. Send your application in pronto!
Cambridge University Press (CUP) dates from 1534 and is part of the University of Cambridge. Their mission is to unlock people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. Playing a leading role in today’s global market place, they have over 50 offices around the globe, and they distribute their products to nearly every country in the world.
They are looking for a Project Management Assistant to work within the Product Development Team of Cambridge Learning for Schools for six weeks. You be assisting the project management team in the planning, resourcing, scheduling, and budgeting and supplier management for a range of print and digital educational products.
You will be also be responsible for assisting Project Managers in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. This opportunity requires someone who with strong planning and organisational skills and an ability to adhere to schedules when it comes to working on specific tasks. If this sounds like you, then they would love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE* Free accommodation will be provided as part of this internship
- Assist project managers in the execution of the management plan for assigned projects
- Help coordinate and manage project from inception to completion
- Carry out daily operational tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Track and directly report project status updates to project manager
- Help problem solve issues and suggest ways to improve the project
- Organise, file, and maintain all current project documents
- Help create, manage, and maintain project budget
- Coordinate and execute daily administrative tasks
- Help create and adhere to project schedule
- Consult with and gather information from freelancers and suppliers as needed
- Ensure project adheres to set schedule and is meeting goals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Confident and fluent communicator
- Previous experience of project managing projects
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Sound project management skills
- An ability to prioritise important tasks within a busy and varied workload
- Outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to bring all aspects of a project together calmly under pressure
- Thoroughness in accomplishing tasks for concern in all area’s involved, no matter how small
- Monitors and checks work or information
- Plans and organises time and resources efficiently even under the pressure of multiple demands
- Team player who works cooperatively with others toward accomplishment of a shared goals
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be considered)
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly