Project Editor – Orion
Home to bestselling authors like Candice Carty-Williams, Fearne Cotton and The Hairy Bikers, this leading publisher is looking for a meticulous, organised Project Editor to join their team…Could this be you?
Orion Books, a division of Hachette UK, publishes commercial, award-winning popular fiction and non-fiction, with an excellent record of publishing Sunday Times top ten bestsellers. It is home to bestselling authors including Ian Rankin, Michael Connelly, Erica James, Gillian Flynn, Candice Carty-Williams, Fearne Cotton and the Hairy Bikers.
They are looking for a Project Editor to join their team. The successful candidate will be working on a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles, preparing manuscripts for production and liaising with authors. You will be meticulous, organised and have excellent proofreading skills. This is the perfect opportunity to join a friendly, committed team of skilled editorial and publishing colleagues in a creative and dynamic working environment.
- Work on a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles
- Preparing manuscripts for production after they are handed over by the commissioning editor
- Commission freelancers
- Liaise with authors
- Handle legal reports
- Clear permissions and work closely with in-house departments
- Titles will come from a range of their imprints including Seven Dials, Spring, Trapeze and W&N. This is a non-commissioning role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A proven track record of trade project editing
- Meticulous copy-editing and proofreading skills are essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- A good communicator
- Shows confidence dealing with colleagues both internally and externally
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website