Looking to kickstart your career in book production? Interested in everything from mono fiction to novelty titles? If so, look no further and potentially turn a new chapter onto your next role in publishing…
Bonnier Books UK is a major publisher with group sales of £80m. Home to 15 adult and children’s imprints, they publish across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – they believe every book matters.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join the production team in London. Bonnier Books UK produce an incredibly diverse range of books, including mono fiction, beautiful, high-end picture books, and complex novelty titles. As a key member of a friendly team, the production assistant will work closely with internal colleagues and external suppliers across multiple imprints.
The role is responsible for producing reprints as well as providing ad-hoc production support to the team. Production is at the heart of the publishing business, and the team work closely on every aspect of the process from start to finish.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to begin a fascinating career in book production and publishing. Bonnier Books UK believes and invests in learning and development opportunities for their staff.
The role is both diverse and challenging, providing a continuous learning experience and exciting career opportunity for a self-starter who loves books
- Management of backlist titles: including managing the scheduling, pricing, communication and trouble-shooting of print, reproduction, freight and safety testing.
- Data management and organisation: updating the company database and providing accurate data to the business, as well as supporting the team with various in-house workflows and invoices.
- General office administration and support: providing cover for team members, running regular reports, setting up meetings and organising stationery, general office admin involving overseeing couriers, sorting parcels, recycling and filing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Organisation skills and an eye for detail
- Experience working in an office environment is beneficial but not required
- Ability to stay calm and focused when dealing with competing deadlines
- A positive and flexible approach; able to work independently as required
- Communication skills and a strong team player
- Basic knowledge of the book production process is an advantage but not essential. Required training will be provided to the successful candidate
- A love of books!
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access