Performing Arts Principal
If you have a passion for the performing arts and a desire to pass your knowledge on to the next generation of young stars, this job is perfect for you.
Pauline Quirke has been working in the industry for over 50 years and is a household name. The Pauline Quirke Academy is a weekend performing arts Academy providing tuition for children and young people aged from 4-18 years. Students spend three hours with them, rotating through hour-long sessions in Comedy & Drama, Musical Theatre and Film & Television.
The Pauline Quirke Academy is interested in bringing in Principals to set up and run their own Academies. Ideal candidates will have passion and experience in the performing arts, skills and bags of enthusiasm. You’ll come from a teaching background in musical theatre, drama, comedy or TV and film. They are interested in speaking to people from across these disciplines who want to make a real difference to children’s lives by giving them skills and thrills for life!
They are looking for people specifically in these areas: Stanmore / Harrow / Fulham / Hammersmith / Luton / Dunstable.
- A focus on delivering exciting lessons and performances in the performing arts with your own team of teachers
- Principals will need to be active in the community and make themselves available for meetings with HQ
- You will be responsible for your own academies and must ensure that every teacher has the resources they need to deliver great sessions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A background in the performing arts and/or teaching
- Professional training or relevant industry experience
- Experience of working with young people
- Knowledge of putting on events, performances or shows
- Experience in managing a team is desirable but not essential
- The ability to lead and develop others
- A basic understanding of business and marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills (a good talker and listener)
- Basic IT skills such as word, excel and outlook
- Driving Licence
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Bags of enthusiasm!
- Please upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- Please do not contact the company directly