Calling all theatre lovers! Brilliant participation opportunity for a project-orientated individual who enjoys working with young people…
The Almeida is a London-based theatre company with a national and international reputation for producing work of the highest standard – achieving recognition through consistent critical acclaim, increasing national reach, international profile, full houses and breadth of audiences. The heart of the Almeida’s vision is to make bold work which challenges and questions theatre, and the world we live in; bringing together exciting artists to interrogate, provoke, inspire and entertain audiences through new writing and reinvigorated classics.
They are looking for a Participation Producer to work closely with the Director of Participation, overseeing the day to day running of the department, producing all shows which originate from the Participation team, setting up and managing participation projects, and working closely with young people and community groups.
The successful candidate will have experience of producing high-quality participation shows for and with young people, passion for the Almeida’s programme and the ability to manage a variety of projects at the same time.
- Run the Young Producers group – recruit members, lead meetings and programme activity
- Work with the Director of Participation to lead the Youth Board and expand the reach of the young people that they work with
- Work with the Director of Participation to identify partner groups to work with and set up and produce Response projects
- Produce Almeida For Free festivals; programming artists and events and planning activity
- Creatively lead on projects with young people when necessary
- Organise the planning and evaluation of each project
Almeida Academy and Young Company
- Produce Young Company events and shows, including managing the budget, liaising with the Production Manager and technical teams and the Wardrobe team.
- Oversee the producing of Academy shows for 5-14 year olds
- Liaise with Box Office Manager and Front of House Manager to ensure all Front of House support needs are met for Participation events at the Almeida Theatre
- Ensure all Participation activities are risk assessed, comply with Health & Safety guidelines and adhere to the Almeida Theatre Safeguarding Policy
- Manage work experience placements, liaising with external organisations and line-managing placement students
- Plan Arts Award projects when appropriate for work placements
- Contribute to digital content on the website for young people including setting up creative digital projects with young people
- Work with the Participation Administrator to manage content of the participation section of the website, and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
- Support the Director of Participation and the development department in the writing of some content for funding bids and evaluation reports
Finance and Enterprise
- Manage budgetary income and expenditure for participation projects
- Explore entrepreneurial approaches to add value to new and existing work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of producing high-quality participation shows, for and with young people, including liaising with directors, production teams, other creative teams and managing budgets
- Flexible, inventive and risk-taking approach to devising participatory projects which connect and respond to the main programme at the Almeida
- Confident in leading workshops with people of differing ages, abilities and experience
- Experience in recruiting and managing freelance artists to lead creative projects
- Experience in recruiting participants from diverse communities to take part in projects
- Passion for the Almeida’s theatre programme and sensitivity and imagination to respond to it
- Accomplished written and verbal skills with good proof-reading
- Experience of working with social media
- Follow this link to apply