Participation Associate Producer
If you are creative, project-orientated and passionate about the arts, check out this brilliant opportunity to work for one of London’s most renowned theatres…
The Almeida is a London-based theatre company with a national and international reputation for producing work of the highest standard – achieving recognition through consistent critical acclaim, increasing national reach, international profile, full houses and breadth of audiences. The heart of the Almeida’s vision is to make bold work which challenges and questions theatre, and the world we live in; bringing together exciting artists to interrogate, provoke, inspire and entertain audiences through new writing and reinvigorated classics.
They are looking for a Participation Associate Producer to work closely with the Participation Producer and support projects in the department. This will include their two Young Company shows taking place in July, their two Academy shows in July and their Almeida For Free festival in May. This post will also work with the Director of Participation to oversee the development of their Young Artists programmes.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills, experience of producing work for theatre and devising, planning and delivering creative projects with and for young people.
- Oversee the smooth running of the Academy by working closely with the Academy Director, the Administrator and the Participation Producer
- Produce the two academy shows in July; managing the budget, liaising with the theatre, and coordinating with the Academy Director, the designer and production team
Almeida For Free
- Work closely with the team to programme, co-ordinate and support the Almeida For Free festival
- Work with marketing to identify groups and young people to come to the festival
- Oversee all the outreach work with youth groups in the area
- Build relationships with key groups, particularly those who work with hard to reach young people
Young Artists Programme
- Support the Young Critics group and Young Producers group
- Support the Participation Producer in producing the Young Company shows in July
- Work with the Literary Manager to set up and support a programme of Young Writers workshops
- Work with the Associate Directors to set up and support a programme of Young Directors workshops
- Programme and co-ordinate some masterclasses for the Young Artists Alumni
- Support the Director of Participation with some Youth Board workshops
- Attend/lead some community workshops
- Work with the Director of Participation and the Participation Producer to plan a community Response project.
Administration and Finance
- Attend team meetings, interdepartmental meetings and other meetings with internal and external partners as required
- Manage budgets for specific projects and shows and liaising with the Participation Administrator and the Finance team as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a theatre or arts education setting, with a wide range of practitioners and young people
- Experience of producing work for theatre
- Experience of devising, planning and delivering creative projects with and for young people
- Experience of leading workshops with a wide range of groups
- Experience of managing budgets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Follow this link to apply