Office Assistant / PA
Do you have administrative experience in the film industry? Want to work for a unique and unconventional production company? This may just be what you’re looking for…
Thin Man Films is the production company of British writer-director Mike Leigh, founded by Mike with his late producer Simon Channing Williams in 1989. With their customary sense of humour, the unconventional company name was intended as a gag about their less-than streamlined figures. Over twenty years later, Thin Man is still producing award-winning work, including Mr Turner, Happy-Go-Lucky, Running Jump and Peterloo.
They are looking for experienced Assistant to help run the office and assist the inimitable Mike Leigh. This is an in-house role as with an established, award-winning Director, where you will handle everything from diary and travel management to interviews. This opportunity would suit an administratively strong individual with some experience in film or a similar creative industry.
- Handle diary, travel, invitations, interviews, actor approaches and some personal admin
- Also work towards a forthcoming production, offering assistance with legal and production duties, as well as research and rehearsals
- Keep across the exploitation of rights in older films and help with material reissuing/remastering
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Ideal applicants would have exposure to / experience of all aspects of an independent production company with an extensive back-catalogue
- Able to deal appropriately with publicity, film festival and retrospective requests
- Likeable, confident and organised
- Independent and keen to learn
- Working with a very small team, you should be keen to grow into the role and all its possibilities