Office and Facilities Assistant
Are you admin-savvy with a love for books? Positive, can-do attitude and ready to get stuck in? One of the most successful global publishers may just have the opportunity you’re looking for…
Simon & Schuster is one of the most successful global publishers with a strong UK presence. Their fiction list in the UK includes bestselling authors such as Philippa Gregory, Santa Montefiore, and Tom Rob Smith. Their non-fiction list ranges from number one bestsellers Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run, Hillary Clinton’s What Happened, Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret and Rupi Kaur’s The Sun and Her Flowers, Laura Bates, Benjamin Zephaniah and Walter Isaacson.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Office and Facilities Assistant their team. You will support the Office and Facilities Manager in meeting the needs of the company with efficiency and to a high standard that the Executive Board, staff, authors and general visitors would expect.
You will be a key person in ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the business which means this busy role requires a high level of energy, a can-do attitude, physical strength and initiative. So if you are highly motivated, versatile and keen to work in a friendly yet busy and faced paced environment, they would love to hear from you!
- Meeting and greeting visitors on a daily basis
- Assisting in the main phone line and email inbox
- Organising the post-room
- Managing supplies and reception, whilst also looking after their office facilities and environment
- Regularly assist the Office and Facilities Manager in liaising with taxi operators, couriers and their stationery and printer support companies
- You will also be covering the Office and Facilities Manager when appropriate and logging any maintenance issues with the building management team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Hands on attitude is required for this varied role
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- You will be able to multi-task as well as time manage an irregular workload
- Organising the vast amount of incoming and outgoing deliveries will be a large part of this role and therefore manual handling skills are absolutely essential
- Fire Marshal training would be preferable but not essential
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website