Can you make the Museum of London hit the headlines and do you have a passion for everything London? Then we have the job for you.
The Museum of London is a charitable institution that tells the story of the world’s greatest city and its people. With sites in central London, Docklands and Hackney, they aim to inform the public about how the Capital has transformed over the years from its first settlers to modern times.
They seek a confident, enthusiastic PR professional to join their Communications team. The Media Officer will be responsible for promoting the Museum of London brand within an award-winning communications team with the number one priority of raising the museum’s profile. With the Museum of London embarking on the largest and most significant cultural project in Europe, to move to West Smithfield, there couldn’t be a more exciting time to join.
Their mission is to inspire people with a passion for London. If you’re a skilled media operator who shares that passion and is hungry for a new challenge then this is the role for you.
- To plan, implement and deliver successful high-profile PR campaigns to meet the Museum of London’s mission of inspiring a passion for London
- Proactive and reactive media relations and blogger and influencer outreach
- Generate coverage in print, on air and online
- Raise awareness of the Museum of London brand
- Drive visitors to the Museum of London and their website
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Thrive on generating coverage
- PR experience in a proactive media relations role either in-house or agency/consultancy
- Experience in planning and implementing public relations strategies
- A clear understanding of the importance of the commitment to inspiring a passion for London
- Experience in cultivating new relationships with journalists, bloggers and broadcasters
- Understanding how different types of media work and how best to engage journalists, bloggers, influencers and broadcasters from both UK and abroad
- Strong team-working skills
- Excellent verbal communication, time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience in IT, specifically using MS Office suite and web browsers