Marketing Intern – Parlophone
This opportunity will be music to your ears… Turn your passion for music and marketing into a profession with this coveted internship at one of the biggest entertainment and record labels in the world!
Part of Warner Music Group, Parlophone has more than a century of experience in discovering and developing iconic recording artists and is among the best known and most loved record labels in the world. In recent years, Parlophone artists have continued to make their mark on modern music through breaking influential and popular artists and mining their legendary catalogue.
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Intern to join the team at Parlophone for twelve months. As an avid music lover, you will be able to think digitally and come up with high quality ideas to continually improve the quality of work and performance of the Marketing department.
Parlophone are looking for creative individuals who are as passionate as they are about a career in the music business, whether that’s promoting current superstars, developing the digital platforms for exciting new acts or coordinating artwork materials with creative designers. Working on a variety of tasks, campaigns and initiatives, you will have the opportunity to learn from experienced industry professionals and get your hands dirty whilst learning from the best!
So, if you want to experience first-hand what it’s like to work at one of the most dynamic and forward thinking music companies in the world, they would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Extensive telephone liaison with artists, managers, press and promotions contacts, suppliers and first point of contact for general enquiries within the department
- Organising marketing tools for distribution and implementation across campaigns
- Distribution of news, diaries, tour information and providing updates on all other artist activity
- Provide general administrative support to the Marketing Managers, including preparing correspondence, organising couriers, diary management and coordinating travel itineraries
- Coordinating Point of Sale and Artwork materials with the designers
- Proof reading and reviewing work prior to release/distribution
- Working efficiently with the production team to ensure delivery of commercial and promo products
- Working closely with the digital team to ensure implementation of digital strategy across campaigns including the co-ordination of digital assets and tools
- Supporting the setup and management of competitions, events, retail initiatives and other similar activity
- Work closely with Marketing Managers to log work in progress and monitor deadlines
- Identify and understand consumer trends and offer marketing advice to enhance local activity and products in response
- Ensure the Parlophone release schedule and marketing grids are always fully up to date
- Ensure all Marketing Manager project updates are collated weekly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Creative individuals with a passion for music and ready to bring lots of new ideas to the table
- You will have great organisational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- First class communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill set in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of cultural and technological developments within the industry
- A team player who is happy to ‘muck in’ – no task is too big or small
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly