Are you a talented marketer looking for a new challenge? Ready to take your first step into the world of magazine publishing? Take a break and apply to work for Britain’s no.1 magazine publisher on some of the UK’s market-leading brands…
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands including Heat, Grazia, Closer, Take a Break and Absolute Radio. It creates and curates entertaining media content that audiences love whenever, wherever and however they want through a multi-channel strategy and a focus on product excellence and audience insight.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join their London Lifestyle Brand Marketing team, working across the following magazines – Closer, Bella, Simply You, Food to Love, that’s life! and Take a Break, the UK’s biggest-selling women’s magazine.
You will have the chance to deliver creative and effective marketing strategies to promote their brands via print, social, radio and digital media, third parties and events, whilst also ensuring consistency on all campaigns. You will be interested in lifestyle publishing and able to get to grips with the core values, positioning and reader behaviour of each brand to inform all marketing decisions.
Whether you have previous marketing experience or have just recently graduated, one key quality they are looking for is that you are enthusiastic and willing to learn. So, if this sounds like you, and you’re ready to start your marketing career, do not hesitate to apply!
- Support the Marketing Manager in the implementation of marketing tactics, to deliver brand objectives and achieve publishing strategies across all magazines
- Analyse sales and market data, including competitor performance, report on findings and offer ideas to support future marketing activity
- Work with the Marketing Manager to identify new business opportunities and partnerships across all brands
- Build reader databases, assessing how to increase reader acquisition and engagement
- Work with the Marketing Manager and the Direct Marketing team (Subscriptions) to ensure consistency and brand relevance of subs campaigns, assisting with gift sourcing, digital promotion and event opportunities to drive subscriptions where relevant
- Ensure budgets are monitored and adjusted where necessary, raise purchase orders and track all invoicing expenditures
- Be the main point of contact for project managing house ad schedules across all brands
- Project manage marketing email schedules across all brands and online editorial surveys
- Update, report on and analyse website, email and social traffic using Google Analytics and social media insight tools
- The role may require very occasional off-site working at weekends / evenings to ensure effective activation of partnerships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Already have some marketing experience, ideally within the publishing industry, however this is not essential
- Good commercial awareness and an understanding of CRM principles
- A logical approach to problem solving and intuitive understanding of brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence both internal and external contacts to senior management level
- Confident in establishing new and productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Highly organised with an excellent eye for detail
- Be both creative and analytical
- Equally adept at generating ideas and leading creative executions on marketing material
- Competent in interpreting complex sales data to understand the impact of marketing activity on circulation and ROI
- Experience in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Willing to contribute ideas on how to take ideas and plans forward
- Adaptable with a positive approach to new challenges and change
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly