Are you up to date with digital trends? Know how to strategically create campaigns to build engagement? If so, this coveted opportunity gives you the chance to implement your own strategies with one of the leading news providers in the UK!
FT Specialist (part of the Financial Times Group) is home to 15 different products catering for various segments of the business information world, from high level executives in the banking and pensions industries to financial advisers and personal investors. They publish across print, digital, video and audio and host a series of events both in the UK and globally.
They are looking for a Marketing Executive who can use their creative judgement to implement marketing campaigns for two of their publications – the Investors Chronicle and Money Management. This coveted opportunity is for a digitally savvy individual who is up to date on current industry trends and knows how to hold the interest subscribers and track campaign performance. You will have the opportunity to support the advertising sales team by generating audience insights, greater value propositions and new revenue opportunities.
This is a real opportunity to track the digital performance of your own strategies with one of the leading news providers in the UK. If you know how to keep subscribers, improve their experience and build engagement for these fantastic publications, they would love to hear from you!
- Plan, implement, manage and analyse all print and digital marketing activity across the brands’ magazines and website (IC)
- Work with the FT Research department to inform sales and marketing campaigns and improve effectiveness
- Ensure all marketing collateral is in line with editorial strategies, protects the brands’ integrity and always meets brand guidelines
- Drive quality reach through targeted CRM programmes with the aim of meeting conversion, engagement and renewal targets
- Conduct and communicate campaign reports and post-campaign analysis to Senior Marketing Manager, B2C Subscriptions, which demonstrate improvement against all key metrics: cost per acquisition, retention and conversion rates
- Build relationships and liaise with all external agencies working on Investors Chronicle and Money Management
- Manage campaign budgets in line with annual targets
- Stay up to date with sector and industry trends (for example, changes in digital marketing) and ensure that current marketing strategies are in line with these
- Regularly communicate with the FT Specialist Product Managers to identify opportunities to improve the subscriber’s experience, improve conversions and acquire new subscribers
- Initiate, plan and execute targeted newsstand promotions with Seymour (the distributor) for the weekly IC magazine and any specialist editions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience in supporting the planning, implementation and analysis of marketing
- Experience of implementing digital marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate practical focus on campaign reporting and analysis
- Ability to “make a difference” by liaising with and gaining buy-in from various parties
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent creative judgement and copy-writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and reconcile a budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Self starter with high energy and initiative – ability to manage up, down and across the organisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate capability with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel (including formulas, charts, graphs etc)
- Exposure to and knowledge of media/publishing
- Graduate or professional qualification in Marketing or related Business area
- Experience in subscription marketing
- Basic knowledge of html
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- This internship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly