Marketing and Communications Officer
Are you a savvy marketeer who would relish the opportunity to showcase the artistic programme for this creative hub in the heart of Yorkshire? If so, keep reading…
The Civic, Barnsley exists to be extraordinary. It was designed and created to give Barnsley back its cultural heart. They offer a varied and interesting artistic programme showcasing the best in Theatre, Comedy, Music, Dance, Exhibitions and Family shows.
They are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and well organised Marketing and Communications Officer with a passion for engaging audiences to be responsible for delivering and overseeing the company’s artistic and commercial marketing campaigns both internally and externally. The position plays a key part in communicating the marketing message of The Civics’ business enabling the achievement of organisation income and sales targets.
The position requires to be able to make key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales, under the direction of the Head of Visual Arts and Engagement.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a busy arts environment, using email marketing and website systems and have a good eye for detail and accurate proof reading. So, if you are able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and work under your own initiative, they would love to hear from you.
- Overseeing the company’s artistic and commercial marketing campaigns both internally and externally and ensure all marketing materials are kept up to date
- Playing a key part in communicating the marketing message of The Civics’ business
- Enabling the achievement of organisation income and sales targets
- Make key decisions regarding product distribution, budgeting, branding, and sales, under the direction of the Head of Visual Arts and Engagement
- Ensure The Civics’ website and social media platforms are kept up to date with engaging content and in line with the organisation’s brand identity
- Use audience finder to collect and analyse audience data and create new innovative ways to communicate the company message to existing and new audiences
- Provide regular reports to the Head of Visual Arts and Engagement and the Head of Performance on audience attendance, visitor figures and engagement levels
- Attend promotional and public engagement events as directed by the Head of Visual Arts and Engagement representing The Civic and ensuring the public image of organisation is maintained
- Play an active role as part of The Civic team and contribute to the wider objectives of the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a similar marketing role
- Ideally a degree in marketing although not essential
- Strong and confident communicator
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience
- Design skills including graphics and web design
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and as part of a team
- Follow this link to apply
- Interviews will be held on: 19th November 2019
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website