Maintenance & Project Electrician
Are you a qualified electrician with a working knowledge of the TV industry? If you’re based in Leeds (or want to be) set your sights on this exciting new role…
ProVision, part of ITV Studios, loves helping people build their careers and has been supplying equipment to the Film and TV industry since 1989. ProVision are a large scale supplier of location equipment, supplying productions across the UK and internationally with a broad range of Cameras, Lighting, Sound, and Grip equipment hire from our bases in Leeds, Manchester and London. It takes a collaboration of creative, commercial and practical thinkers to make things happen and everyone plays their part. If you’re curious, collaborative, open minded and always look to do things better – you’ll love building your career here.
ProVision are currently looking for a Maintenance & Project Electrician to join their talented Leeds team to provide a comprehensive and first-class service to all departments, whilst working within the operational parameters of the role.
- To maintain and repair hire stock, vehicles and trucks, generators and other equipment items to ensure kit is in optimum condition and maximises its cost effective lifespan and keeping it fresh and functional for the Film, TV, Commercials & Drama market.
- Work closely with the lighting and technical teams to identify the cause of equipment failure to prevent reoccurrence, providing detailed Job Sheets for all repairs carried out
- Ensure that ProVision offer a safe and compliant service across all areas, with a focus on the lighting area and compliance with all electrical standards and guidelines, such as BS7871, BS7909 PAT and RCD testing including the record keeping associated with it
- Working cross site with the teams in Manchester and London and supporting the EPS to organise and coordinate maintenance/refurbishment requirements for equipment and vehicles located across the group
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A good working knowledge of the film and tv industry including location Lighting, Camera & Grip equipment (you will be expected to move lighting and camera equipment on a daily basis)
- Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
- Flexibility and ability to work across different trades including Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Joinery & Paint and finishing
- Professional approach and customer focused
- Ability to demonstrate to users, an understanding of location equipment and production techniques
- A qualified time served Electrician and an 18th Edition certification or the willingness to work towards one
- Acurrent, clean driving license and preferably an LGV licence or the potential to work towards an LGV license and CPC Qualification
- Follow this link to apply
- Start date flexible
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access