Literary Agent Assistant
If you are an avid book reader with aspirations to represent some of the biggest names in the publishing world, this might just be the opportunity you’ve been searching for…
Aitken Alexander Associates is a well-established literary agency representing a diverse list of authors throughout the world, including Ayobami Adebayo, Pat Barker, Oyinkan Braithwaite, Jung Chang, Diana Evans, Mark Haddon, Sebastian Faulks, Max Porter, Francis Spufford and A. N. Wilson.
They are looking for an assistant who wants to develop their career in the publishing industry providing support to Clare Alexander. The ideal candidate will be a passionate reader and have prior experience of working in a publishing house or literary agency. If this sounds like you, then they would love to hear from you.
- Aitken Alexander is a small company with a collegial environment, and the right candidate should see this as an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and how to be an agent
- Above all, they should want to assist in managing writers’ careers and helping to discover and nurture new talent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate should be a passionate reader
- Have at least one/two years’ experience working in a publishing house or literary agency
- Good administrative skills
- Some prior experience of book contracts
- Your application letter along with your CV should be addressed to Clare Alexander and sent to this email by 20th September. The ideal start date would be the first week of November
- Salary is dependent on experience and current salary
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access