Lighting Coordinator – ProVision
If you know how to handle lighting and operations in a production environment, then this may just be the opportunity you are looking for…
ProVision are one of the UK’s leading equipment hire companies, providing Cameras, Lighting, Grip and Sound to the Television and Film industry. Wholly owned by ITV and with bases in London, Leeds and Manchester, they are looking to recruit a Lighting Coordinator to be based in Manchester.
You will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the lighting warehouse, including the organisation and delegation of duties to fulfil all lighting contracts, whilst participating in the preparation, delivery & collection of equipment to ProVision customers as directed by the Operations Manager and Lighting Supervisor, focusing at all times on providing a high standard of service to all ProVision clients.
- Ensuring the efficient and smooth running of lighting jobs from preparation through to return
- Maintain stock levels to allow for short notice requests
- Work proactively to ensure kit is PAT tested / pre-prepared and ensuring equipment is maintained to an optimum condition
- Support the department in deliveries and collection of equipment from various locations and companies
- Load and unload equipment
- Ensuring data is entered accurately on to their stock control system including all items are PAT tested and prepared to high standards
- Maintain their vehicles, cleaning and refuelling as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A strong working knowledge of location and Studio lighting equipment
- The ability to work unsupervised with a positive ‘Can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Computer literate
- Hold a clean driving license and preferably be LGV trained (if not, the ability to take the LGV qualification)
- Preferably PAT test qualified (if not, the ability to take the PAT test qualification)
Please note* Due to the nature of the role, you will potentially be required to work outside of office hours to include weekends and bank holidays with potential short notice call out and possible cross site cover. This is a physically demanding role.