Junior Researcher Trainee
Check out this fantastic opportunity for a creative individual with an ambition to pursue a career in the TV industry, to join an award winning international TV producer.
Twofour Broadcast is an international award winning factual, features & entertainment television producer with shows including, This Time next year (ITV1), The Real Exotic Marigold Hotel (BBC2), Ibiza Weekender (ITV2), The Housing Enforcers (BBC1), long-running format The Hotel Inspector (Channel 5) and Channel 4 hit series Educating Greater Manchester.
Twofour’s Devon office in Plymouth have an opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Junior Researcher Trainee to develop their career, learning from some of the leaders in the TV industry and gaining invaluable first-hand experience within a fast paced, vibrant and challenging environment.
The perfect candidate will have a genuine love of factual and entertainment programming, be creative, resourceful and a team player. They will also have an excellent work ethic, exceptional communication skills and a genuine passion for their business.
Your training will encompass six months in their lively production office environment where you will play a key role in supporting the production teams from casting to research, planning and on location. You will also have the opportunity to spend time in the busy post production department experiencing what it’s like to be part of a talented edit assistance team who ensure the successful delivery of Twofour’s output.
So if you are interested in a career in directing, producing, production management, or post production, this is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in your TV career.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Research skills
- How to cast for programmes
- How to source material
- How a busy TV production company operates
- How to support a busy production and post production team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong interest in TV production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have an ambition to pursue a career in directing, producing, production management or post production.
- Must love watching factual and entertainment programming
- Must be interested in pursuing a career in non-scripted television
- Previous media experience would be beneficial
- None required
PLEASE NOTE: This 6 month internship will be based on the outskirts of Plymouth, Devon. Therefore only candidates who are easily able to commute or are willing to relocate should apply. Candidates should also note that Twofour’s Plymouth office is not easily accessible via public transport, therefore it would be beneficial if applicants have their own form of transport.
- Upload your CV and cover letter as one document (applications without a tailored cover letter will NOT be accepted)
- They are looking for someone to start ASAP so please state your earliest start date in your cover letter
- This traineeship is only open to candidates from a BAME or lower socio-economic background
- Do not contact the company directly