Journalism Trainee Scheme
Are you passionate about journalism? Then check out this trainee scheme from Britain’s best-selling newspaper…
The Sun is full of talented, dedicated and creative people. Their print and digital audience is 32.8 million people – 5.4 million more than any other national news brand. The Sun newspaper is read by 2.6 million Britons every day with 32.6 million Brits turning to The Sun’s family of websites and apps for news, showbiz and sport, making them Britain’s best-selling newspaper and number one online newspaper brand. They are part of News UK which also publishes The Times and The Sunday Times and is home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations. The Sun has a proud history of campaigns offering help to millions of readers and their current Books for Schools campaign gives 20,000 primary schools the chance to each get a whole school reading programme of 106 books for free.
As part of The Sun’s Journalism Trainee Scheme, you will be part of an industry-leading training programme where their aims include increasing diverse talent to reflect their audience. You will be sent to the UK’s top journalism school, News Associates, where you will be taught a variety of skills needed for today’s newsroom.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Sun are running two separate training schemes:
- Should you have a journalism qualification (NCTJ or similar) you will join a full-time paid editorial training programme including a work placement with a news agency before joining The Sun’s newsroom.
- If you have no formal training or qualifications we’d still love to hear from you as you will receive a salary and formal training where you will be taught a variety of skills needed for today’s newsroom during a 40-week course. You will also receive on-the-job training at The Sun.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about journalism
- Up to date with current affairs
- Strong opinions
- Want to work for an organisation that gives you a voice
- Curious and always looking for answers or asking questions
- Follow this link to apply
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend a selection day in London on December 17th or 20th
- Whatever your background you are welcome to apply and will be offered a full-time role on successful completion of the programme
- In your application, state that you heard about this role through Creative Access