IGNITE – Creative Advertising Internship
An exceptional opportunity for budding creatives to train at one of the UK’s top advertising agencies…
McCann Health is one of the most awarded global healthcare communications networks. They provide science, creative and strategy services to some of the world’s top, as well as emerging, health and wellness brands and companies. The company employs close to 2,000 people in 60 offices across 20 countries and six continents. Their vision is to help their clients’ brands and businesses play a meaningful role in people’s lives. Campaigns range from eliminating polio in Pakistan for Unicef, the Immunity Charm bracelet, the Blue Dot campaign for the United Diabetes Forum and a campaign to schedule eye tests via QR codes for a London optician.
McCann Health is launching the IGNITE programme to begin creative careers, regardless of background or experience. They want people who embrace their values of originality, authenticity and creativity. The successful candidates will be given the opportunity to undertake a 12 week paid internship with leading creative teams at the agency, including working on a live brief. Participants will be given the opportunity to work on a range of health campaigns from targeting doctors and healthcare professionals around serious diseases, to interactive ideas to change people’s behaviour and the way they think about their health. You’ll also be assigned with a mentor for the duration of the placement and will attend networking event to meet other creative teams across McCann Health.
So, whoever you are, wherever you come from, apply below, and IGNITE your career here. Applications are encouraged from people of all backgrounds. Whether you have been to university or not; whether you have bags of experience in the creative industries or none at all. They want to bring in the most diverse pool of candidates from all walks of life to really bring out the best in you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An insight into how a global advertising agency operates
- An introduction to the Creative, Design and Studio teams
- How to dream up and execute campaigns
- Experience of responding to a live brief
- How to work on a global brief with both the US and UK teams
- How to create a pitch deck, client presentation or pipeline
- How to develop an idea/prototype and tell a story of a brand or non-profit
- How to adopt a fresh approach to problem-solving
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- A genuine interest in the creative industries
- A passion for advertising
- Lots of good ideas
- Upload your CV, cover letter, and answers to the following questions as ONE DOCUMENT:
- Describe the colour yellow to someone who can’t see.
- You’ve bought a coffee shop; how do you design it and market it, so it stands out from every other coffee shop in the UK?
- You’re a product. Sell yourself in 100 words.
- Please note, applications without a CV, cover letter, and answers to the above questions will NOT be accepted
- Do not contact the company directly