Head of Service Design
Snapshot on a brilliant opportunity! If you have a passion for delivering great design work and know how to get the best out of a workforce, apply to join the team at this award winning design agency.
Snook are on a mission to design a world that works better for people. Designing services to help people thrive and doubling in size over the past ten years, they have worked with brilliant clients including Cancer Research UK, Hackney City Council, Tesco and the Scottish Government.
The organisation has big plans for the next three years and is looking for a Head of Service Design to provide strong leadership and coaching to their growing London-based design and delivery teams. The role will be key to ensuring the team do their best work, maintaining consistency of high quality delivery across their projects and pushing them to meet their mission by designing services that have real impact for people’s lives.
They are looking for someone with experience in leading teams to develop services, meaning you’ve spent time crafting and understanding what it takes to deliver a new or improved service. Definite bonus points include an appreciation for gifs and bad puns with this energetic, hard-working organisation!
- Making and guiding effective design decisions, thinking at both a systems level and a detailed experience level
- Work with the different materials of a service, from user interactions to backend processes and policy across digital and non-digital touchpoints
- Critique the the design process and set future visions for products and services that inspire people and meet needs
- Articulate how services need to change from a user-centred, system, and business perspective to gain buy-in across organisations
- Supporting the senior leadership team and help directors to spot and enable new business opportunities
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through sprint cycles of continued development (support the recruitment of new team members)
- Coach and mentor designers in Snook, running appraisal processes and supporting their development while identifying training needs
- Lead project teams and provide creative direction across the wider project portfolio
- Run learning sessions and project crits regularly on projects and for both studios to champion shared learning across the organisation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Strong team leader (and player) with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident with working with technology
- Able to demonstrate a knowledge and interest in the wider digital economy and advances in technology
- Able to bring an optimistic and entrepreneurial mindset to Snook’s work
- Send your CV and cover letter to this email
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website