THEATRE LOVERS! Have you got the strategy to take on this role? Apply for this incredible General Manager role with the iconic English Touring Theatre now…
ETT create theatre of outstanding quality, imagination and ambition; work which interrogates and celebrates contemporary England and reflects the diversity of the nation. They have a singular commitment to touring work locally, nationally and internationally; enabling audiences everywhere to engage with the world around them.
They are looking for a highly organised and strategically focused General Manager to work closely with the Executive Producer and oversee the successful running of the company’s building and the wider operations of the organisation. This central role requires someone with excellent financial and project management skills and strong HR knowledge.
- To oversee the efficient management of ETT’s office, ensuring all administrative systems, policies and practices are in place and operate effectively
- To be responsible for the maintenance, hire and leasing of the company’s premises and other ancillary trading activities
- To undertake the routine maintenance of the building’s security and fire alarm systems
- To be the HR lead for ETT, ensuring compliance with appropriate statutory regulations and ensure that all HR matters are dealt with swiftly and fairly
- To oversee personnel administration, including recruitment, induction, employment contracts and, where appropriate, maintaining records of staff training and overseeing ETT’s approach to professional development, ensuring accessibility is at the heart of the process
- To ensure that ETT’s policies are regularly updated, compliant, clearly communicated, implemented, and fit for purpose
- To manage HR systems, policies, procedures and benefits, within the frameworks of employment legislation and good practice; maintaining staff personnel records
- To support legal compliance and due diligence with all applicable statutory regulations, undertaking research where required
- To work with the Executive Producer to coordinate monitoring and evaluation for the organisation, ensuring the staff team are embedding this into project planning and delivery
- To support the Executive Producer in reporting to Arts Council England, producing documentation and reports in line with ACE grant conditions and managing systems for the collection of statistical and qualitative information from across the organisation
- To support the Executive Producer and Artistic Director in managing and developing the strategic relationships with UK Theatre, PiPA, Tonic, Julies Bicycle and any other partnerships that might be cultivated
- To work closely with the Producer on the management and scheduling of rehearsal room bookings for all productions and ensure that these spaces are maintained to a high standard and provide a welcoming environment
- To ensure scheduling information is updated frequently and distributed to the organisation on a regular basis
- To work with the Producer in ensuring the adequate provision of travel and accommodation as required for productions
- To support the Head of Finance and Executive Producer to ensure effective financial management across the company, and manage and monitor the administrative and overhead budgets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
Below is a list of the experience, skills and attributes that they are looking for but they know that not everyone can meet all of them. If you don’t think you have everything on the list but know that you could make a real difference to English Touring Theatre then they still encourage you to make an application.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative role in an arts, media or entertainment organisation
- Experience of building management
- Experience of preparing and negotiating contracts
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of IT systems
- Knowledge of HR policy and best practice
- Experience in managing the recruitment processes
- Experience of line management
- Knowledge of Health and Safety best practice
- Knowledge of equal opportunities practice and a demonstrable commitment to equality
- An enthusiasm for ETT and its objectives.
- An understanding of the legal requirements of a charitable organisation
- Self-motivated with an ability to work flexibly and under pressure and to use own initiative to solve problems proactively
- Numerate and financially aware, with experience of budget management
- Absolute attention to detail
- A collaborative and approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to manage a busy workload, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Fluent communication skills, with the ability to present company objectives internally and externally.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in dealing with unexpected situations.
- For the full job description, click here
- Applications should be made by submitting the following to email@example.com by midday on Monday 26th August 2019
- A full CV
- A covering letter, no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining your interest in and suitability for the role in line with the candidate brief and Person Specification
- The names and contact details of two referees who are able to comment on you professionally. Please indicate how long and in what capacity your referees have known you. Please note, referees will not be contacted without your permission
- A completed Equal Opportunities Form
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website