Fundraising and Events Assistant
Calling all music lovers! If you have skills in fundraising and events and a passion for supporting young people, then this is the role for you…
Youth Music funds music-making projects across England that help children and young people aged 0-25 to develop personally and socially as well as musically. They work particularly with those who don’t get to make music because of who they are, where they live, or what they’re going through.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for someone to become Youth Music’s first ever Fundraising & Events Assistant. You will be working in a collaborative, fast-paced and creative environment and will play a key role within their fundraising and events team, working on their 20th Anniversary celebrations, developing their corporate partnerships and supporting their community fundraising programme participants.
The ideal candidate will be a well-organised and enthusiastic team player with the ability to assist with the administration and organisation of Youth Music’s calendar of events, including their very first Youth Music Awards. You’ll provide excellent supporter care to their fundraisers, ensuring that they continue to be engaged with and support Youth Music’s work.
- Assist with the administration and organisation of events such as the Youth Music Awards, Give a Gig, 100 Choirs and other community fundraising events and activities
- Assist in developing their corporate partners programme
- Support challenge event participants with their fundraising by liaising with them before and after the event, ensuring they feel prepared and have the Youth Music resources they require
- Work with the Communications team to make the most of the exciting communications opportunities that exist in the run-up to, during and after events – including helping to collect, create and distribute photos, videos, news stories, interviews and social media posts
- Other roles will include supporting the Fundraising team with an array of day-to-day tasks such as;
- Provide supporter care; taking and responding to supporter enquiries via phone, email or post
- Assist in securing gifts, raffle prizes and other sponsorship
- Manage the fundraising enquiries inbox and be the first point of contact for receiving donations and giving advice on how to fundraise for Youth Music
- Ensure all fundraising income (cash, cheques online platform donations) is recorded correctly into the Raisers Edge database and supporters are thanked for their participation or donations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- You’ll be able to work accurately and meet deadlines
- You’ll have excellent research skills and careful attention to detail
- You’ll be a team player
- You’ll be fearless and friendly in following up with potential contacts
- You’ll be keen to learn and absorb new skills
- You’ll be methodical and well-organised
- You’ll be a fan of music – of any genre!
- Follow this link to apply
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website