Do you believe in a gender-equal world? Have you got the motivation and dedication to put those beliefs into action? This festival assistant role with Women of the World sounds perfect for you…
WOW – Women of the World is dedicated to building, convening and sustaining a global movement of women, girls, men and boys who believe a gender-equal world is and possible. Over 65 WOW festivals have taken place in over 30 locations, reaching over 2 million people. In 2018, founder Jude Kelly CBE, created The WOW Foundation, a new independent arts organisation to take forward the work of WOW for its next exciting chapter.
This is a brand new position responsible for supporting the WOW London 2020 Festival team, ensuring the smooth day to day running of administration and delivery relating to the festival events. This diverse and varied role is an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in learning about festivals and would suit a highly organised and proactive person who enjoys the challenge of working across a broad range of tasks – from administration through to programme and event support. The ideal candidate will be proactive and highly motivated and will be excited about working in a busy and dynamic office environment, and supporting the core team in delivering the 10th WOW London Festival in 2020.
- Proactively manage the day-to-day administration for WOW London 2020, including maintaining electronic filing systems (using Google Drive) and documentation including programme calendars, schedules, project logs, ticket sales trackers and budget spreadsheets
- Schedule internal and external meetings, including
- Compiling agendas and booking meeting rooms
- Prepare briefing notes, take minutes and follow up on actions where required
- Update contact information and data in our CRM System Salesforce
- Act as a point of contact for all festival-related health and safety record keeping
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Senior Programmer and Senior Producer.
Finance & Contract Coordination
- Track festival expenses, and collate financial information for internal teams as required
- Draft and update basic contracts using pre-existing agreements
- Request, review and collate artist biographies and headshots
- Act as the first point of contact at The WOW Foundation for WOW London 2020
- Prepare background research for the festival and prepare detailed written briefings
- Prepare festival update reports, including collating monitoring and evaluation data
- Draft contributor invitations and follow up communications
- Draft speaker briefing notes and event joining instructions
- Coordinate guest lists, invitations and ticket allocations
- Prepare and issue speaker agreements
- Manage artist requests, including riders, backstage catering and travel requirements
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and contributors
- Regular communication liaising with artists, speakers and event delivery partners
- Overseeing the delivery of smaller events, as directed by an Event Manager
- Coordinate and file photo permission forms for artists and participants
- Schedule, plan and deliver events for key global visitors and stakeholders around the festival including receptions, meetings and roundtables
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- High-level administrative skills, ideally from within a cultural sector environment
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financially literate, with knowledge of basic budgeting tasks, including the ability to track income and expenditure across complex project budgets
- Skilled at developing and maintaining a wide variety of project documentation
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively with limited supervision
- Excellent people skills – including the ability to work with a broad range of both internal staff and external stakeholders (including at a senior level).
- Experience working in event delivery.
- Creative, innovative and solutions focused.
- Excellent ICT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive
- Experience of writing and circulating meeting minutes
- Positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach
- Be committed to achieving high standards with the resources available
- Flexible approach to working, including the ability to work unsocial hours.
- Interest in the arts, the work of WOW and a passion for gender equality
- Experience using Salesforce, MailChimp (or other similar CRM systems)
- Practical experience of coordinating the delivery of events
- Track record of working with artists or speakers
- Experience of working in the arts and/or charity sector
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Please send your CV and Cover Letter to this email
- In your application, state that you heard about this vacancy through the Creative Access website